Online Banking Frequently Asked Questions
How can I obtain an Online Banking Account?
Go to www.bankatsecurity.com – Click on Online Services and select Online Banking. Click first time user, entering your personal information.
- Will I need to change my Access ID?
No. Your Access ID remains the same; however your password must be changed every 180 days.
- I have forgotten my password. How do I obtain this information?
- Click the Forgot Password? link on the password page and your current password will be emailed to you;
- Stop by your branch and sign a request for PIN form; or
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org including the last four digits of your social security number or your Access ID.
- I am locked out of my challenge questions (Advanced Online Authentication). How do I get them reset?
Your identity must be verified for your security. You must stop by your branch and sign a request.
- We have a joint checking account and my spouse set up Online Banking. How do I get the password reset?
Your spouse must request the password reset for his/her Online Banking account. Online Banking accounts are individual accounts even though you may have a joint bank account. You can go to First Time User and set up your own individual Online Banking account with your information.
- Can I pay my Security Reserve online?
Yes. You can pay your Security Reserve online. Log on and go to Express Transfers.
- I want to make a transfer to post on today’s business day. Is there a time?
Yes. All transfers done by 2:00 PM, will post that business day. You can set up transfers 24 hours a day, but after 2:00 PM they will post the next business day.
- What is Advanced Online Authentication?
Advanced Online Authentication provides enhanced and additional security for the online banking application. It is now a standard part of our online banking and works as part of our commitment to protect you against identity theft and fraud. Advanced online Authentication adds extra layers of online security to prevent unauthorized access to your accounts and reinforces the fact that you are at our financial institution’s Internet Banking website.
- What does Advanced Online Authentication involve?
Advanced Online Authentication consists of the following: an image, a caption and three challenge questions. This information is known only to you and protects you, whether you are logging into view your accounts from your own personal computer or another computer.
- How does Advanced Online Authentication work?
Once you enter your Access ID on the Online Banking login screen, click submit, your image will then be displayed along with the caption you created. This confirms that you are at our financial institution’s Online Banking website and you are safe to enter your password to access your information. Each time you log in from a different computer the challenge questions will be asked to verify your identity. Once you provide the correct answers, your image and caption will display and you may enter your password. You will also be asked if you wish to register the computer from which you are logging in. If you select this option, the Advanced Online Authentication system will then capture the information about the computer so that you will not have to answer challenge questions the next time you log in from that same machine.
- How is Advanced Online Authentication more secure?
Advanced Online Authentication protects you from accidentally or unknowingly revealing your Access Id and password to an imposter or a fraudulent website. By entering your Access ID and clicking submit, we are able to provide you with your image and caption. If the image presented is the one that you selected, you can feel secure in entering your password to proceed. In addition, if someone does get your Access ID and password and attempt to login, they will be using a computer that you did not register, therefore, the system will present the user with challenge questions. Since they do not know the answers to the questions that you provided during the set up process, they will be turned away and the financial institution will be notified.
- Can someone steal my Advanced Online Authentication image and caption?
No. Your image and caption is only shown to you if you login to a computer that has been register or if you have successfully responded to the challenge questions asked. It is not possible for an unauthorized person to get access to your image.
- What if I share my computer with someone who has their own account? Can we both login from the same computer?
Yes. You can use the same computer to log into your individual accounts. There is no limit on how many people can log into the bank website from the same computer.
- Can I change my image and text phrase?
Yes. To make the change, simply click on Options on the Online Banking menu bar. If you are having difficulty, you can contact the financial institution for assistance.
© Security Bancorp of Tennessee, Inc